Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Where was Joseph working while transitioning?

During my transition I was working 2 jobs. I worked at Lyons Share Art & Custom Frame Gallery and I was doing bike repairs.




Working in a fine art gallery/custom frame shop was a cool experience. The small staff is awesome and made everyday at work an enjoyable one, can't beat that. I never thought I would find myself working in a frame shop but I enjoyed the experience. I learned a lot and met a ton of interesting people.

Lyons Share is located in the heart of downtown Fairhope, this helped me decide to locate Pro Cycle & Triathlon close to downtown Fairhope. Fairhope has a community atmosphere that I have rarely seen in the country, its the perfect area for our shop and we are excited to be there.




My other job I ended up doing was repairing bikes. As I was making my transition I had a ton of people ask if I would still work on their bikes. That accidentally started my living room bike repair operation.





I never intended on this service getting big, at one point I counted 17 bikes in my house. I was doing everything from flat repairs to complete bike builds. I stayed quite busy picking up and dropping off bikes. Luckily I will have a proper area to do bike service soon once we get the shop rolling.