Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Well here we go

I figure people will interested in the happenings at the new shop, so heres my new blog to fill you in and keep you in the loop.

The process of opening the new shop is in full swing. I wont list all the details because there are a ton. I've had a good chunk of downtime so I have been playing it smart and taking the time to travel the country to get educated.







This Sunday I will be flying out to Ashland, OR to attend United Bicycle Institute , the most respected training institute in the bicycle industry. I will be attending the Professional Repair and Shop Operation class and a few days later attend the UBI/DT Swiss advanced wheel building certification class and the class to become a UBI certified suspension technician. I will build on my current knowledge in the 18 days of classes there. Its quite the investment but its an investment worth making.




I will be attending a few other classes throughout the country, I'll list those later as they come up.
One of my biggest debates was which school to attend. It was betweed United and Barnett. I made some calls and found a few friends who had been to both schools, after talking with them each one recomended United Bicycle.
I'll try to post updates from the classes, hopefully they will be interesting and worth reading.